60 Miles, 3 Days, 1 Goal

I am walking in my 2nd Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in August 2011. The day after I completed my 1st 3-Day I logged into the Susan G. Komen website and registered for next year's event.

Was the walk easy? No. So why sign up again? Because I can! I can raise the awareness, I can raise the funds, I can walk the walk! And this year I am fortunate enough to have my sister join me on this awesome journey. There are thousands of 3-Day walkers who can't walk with their sisters, I embrace this year's journey with every ounce of gratitude!!

Please follow along as Jennifer and I fundraise, train, raise awareness, possibly argue, and find out more about each other than we ever imagined!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Excuses, Excuses!

Okay so I fell a little off track with my pre-training this week. I’m going to blame it on the “Catastrophic” snow storm we had here, ya that’s it! Actually, I came down with a chest cold early in the week and just needed some good old fashioned rest! But now that the cold and the snow have passed it’s back to business.

Don’t forget Sisters Saving the Sistahs is having a Euchre Tournament Fundraiser on Saturday, March 5th at 7pm. There are a total of 40 seats available, so if you’re interested either send me an email to smithstef.5@gmail.com or let me know on Facebook. Feel free to bring a friend or two, heck fill a table of four! The way the tournament is set up, it’s a great way to meet new people and a ton of fun. The cost is $20 per person which includes pizza, pop and CASH prizes (BYOB & adults only please). All proceeds from the entry fee and 50/50 raffle will be donated to our 3-Day fund.

This weekend is Superbowl Sunday, so on that note…GO Steelers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment