60 Miles, 3 Days, 1 Goal

I am walking in my 2nd Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in August 2011. The day after I completed my 1st 3-Day I logged into the Susan G. Komen website and registered for next year's event.

Was the walk easy? No. So why sign up again? Because I can! I can raise the awareness, I can raise the funds, I can walk the walk! And this year I am fortunate enough to have my sister join me on this awesome journey. There are thousands of 3-Day walkers who can't walk with their sisters, I embrace this year's journey with every ounce of gratitude!!

Please follow along as Jennifer and I fundraise, train, raise awareness, possibly argue, and find out more about each other than we ever imagined!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Putting the "fun" in fundraising

Wow we actually have our first team fundraising event date! Jennifer and I (Sisters Saving the Sistahs) will be hosting a Euchre Tournament on Saturday, March 5th at 7pm at my house. Invites and more details will be out soon along with a “Save the Date” card that will list our upcoming events, home parties, etc.

Jen’s rockin on the fundraising, she’s already at 10% of her goal, I am so proud of her! She closed her Tastefully Simple party this week and raked in a $75 donation and received lots of hostess gifts to use in future raffles.

We also received two Tigers games for us to work the concession stand at. Saturday, April 9th and Saturday, June 11th. We need a total of 12 people to work each game so we’re on the hunt for volunteers… Last year some of you may remember that I split a booth with another walker and we each made $400 that went towards our fundraising goal. It’s a fun, easy gig so if you’re interested in working a game with us send me an email: smithstef.5@gmail.com and I’ll give you more details!

One quick last note, did you know that when you make a donation online you have the opportunity to take advantage of the four month payment plan option that is available? Which means if let’s say you wanted to make a $100 donation, you could make 4 monthly payments of $25 – how cool and easy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment