60 Miles, 3 Days, 1 Goal

I am walking in my 2nd Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in August 2011. The day after I completed my 1st 3-Day I logged into the Susan G. Komen website and registered for next year's event.

Was the walk easy? No. So why sign up again? Because I can! I can raise the awareness, I can raise the funds, I can walk the walk! And this year I am fortunate enough to have my sister join me on this awesome journey. There are thousands of 3-Day walkers who can't walk with their sisters, I embrace this year's journey with every ounce of gratitude!!

Please follow along as Jennifer and I fundraise, train, raise awareness, possibly argue, and find out more about each other than we ever imagined!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Furlough!

Furlough Day! This means I have the opportunity, while the kids are at school, to hit the pavement and get some much needed fundraising letters out to various businesses. Some of the items we’re looking to have donated for the upcoming events are pasta, spaghetti sauce, salad dressings, pop, water, baked goods, gift certificates, sporting event tickets, and any other product for raffling. Last year I remember thinking “Oh this would be so much easier if I were a repeat walker…” Well here I am as a repeat walker and it’s still not any easier.

Quick reminder, Sisters Saving the Sistahs is hosting a Euchre Tournament fundraiser on Saturday, March 5th, registration begins at 7pm, 1st hand will be dealt at 7:30 pm. This will be played in a Round Robin fashion, every 8 hands you’ll get a new partner! There will be 8 rounds or 11pm whichever comes first. Cost is $20 per person which includes pizza, pop & munchies (BYOB), CASH prizes for 1st and 2nd place! All proceeds and 50/50 raffle will go to our 3-Day accounts!

To reserve your seat (adults only please) remember to contact either myself at smithstef.5@gmail.com or Jen at jen.carbary@gmail.com --- all money is due by Wednesday, March 3rd (cash or check).

No comments:

Post a Comment