60 Miles, 3 Days, 1 Goal

I am walking in my 2nd Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in August 2011. The day after I completed my 1st 3-Day I logged into the Susan G. Komen website and registered for next year's event.

Was the walk easy? No. So why sign up again? Because I can! I can raise the awareness, I can raise the funds, I can walk the walk! And this year I am fortunate enough to have my sister join me on this awesome journey. There are thousands of 3-Day walkers who can't walk with their sisters, I embrace this year's journey with every ounce of gratitude!!

Please follow along as Jennifer and I fundraise, train, raise awareness, possibly argue, and find out more about each other than we ever imagined!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Snow?? Oh Right, I Live in Michigan!

With only one week to go until training begins we have more than 8 inches of snow on the ground and promises of more to come in the next several days…how are we going to get our walking in besides on the treadmill (sorry, boring as hell!)? Looks like we’ll be hitting the mall a little more frequently over the next couple of weeks – question is can my pocketbook handle it?

Our first fundraising event, a euchre tournament, is next weekend, Saturday, March 5th and almost all of our seats are filled! Please remember if you are planning to come, reserve your seat as soon as possible and money is due by Wednesday, March 2nd. You can send either of us a message and we can make any of the following arrangements:
~ One of us will pick it up from you
~ We’ll arrange a good time for you to drop it off
~ You can mail a check
~ Pay electronically via PayPal (bank transfers only)

This evening of cards is meant to be a FUN, entertaining, light-spirited tournament to raise money for a great cause!

I’ve added a couple more recipes in the What’s Cooking? section, if you’ve got one to share please post it in the comments under that tab. I’m always looking for something new to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment