60 Miles, 3 Days, 1 Goal

I am walking in my 2nd Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in August 2011. The day after I completed my 1st 3-Day I logged into the Susan G. Komen website and registered for next year's event.

Was the walk easy? No. So why sign up again? Because I can! I can raise the awareness, I can raise the funds, I can walk the walk! And this year I am fortunate enough to have my sister join me on this awesome journey. There are thousands of 3-Day walkers who can't walk with their sisters, I embrace this year's journey with every ounce of gratitude!!

Please follow along as Jennifer and I fundraise, train, raise awareness, possibly argue, and find out more about each other than we ever imagined!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gratitude!

Thanks to the incredible generosity of our family and friends, Jen and I have filled all of our “volunteer” spots for the two Tigers games! Our 3-hour training will be next month with our first game on Saturday, April 9th. I’ll have our booth number the week of the game so if you’ll be at the Copa to see the Tigers whoop some White Socks butts you’ll have to stop by and say “Hi!”

Two weeks from now I’ll begin my “official” 24-week training schedule. I remember last year how nervous I was when I began this schedule – this year I’m excited! Although, now I realize that 24 weeks is not a lot of time to raise $2300 and get into the best shape I possibly can while maintaining a healthy family life, and working full time. I think I need to take the next 2 weeks and concentrate on balance!

I’ve posted the 24-week training schedule under the Accountability tab – let me know if you’re up for a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment