60 Miles, 3 Days, 1 Goal

I am walking in my 2nd Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in August 2011. The day after I completed my 1st 3-Day I logged into the Susan G. Komen website and registered for next year's event.

Was the walk easy? No. So why sign up again? Because I can! I can raise the awareness, I can raise the funds, I can walk the walk! And this year I am fortunate enough to have my sister join me on this awesome journey. There are thousands of 3-Day walkers who can't walk with their sisters, I embrace this year's journey with every ounce of gratitude!!

Please follow along as Jennifer and I fundraise, train, raise awareness, possibly argue, and find out more about each other than we ever imagined!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thank You is Not Enough!

I don't even know where to begin!?!

Last night Jen & I held our 1st fund-raising event for the 2011 3-Day for the Cure and the support & donations from family and friends was stunning! The extreme generosity from everyone blew our minds.

First the weather turned crappy (thank you Michigan) about an hour before "start" time with snow & sleet falling at an unexpected rate yet everyone still came! Next, there were "new" rules to be learned that may have been a bit confusing -but everyone rolled with it and still played! And then, with 40 people packed in a house for a card tournament, it got a little warm - but everyone still laughed and had fun! When it came time to draw the 50/50 - the full pot was at $240, the winning ticket was worth $120 - - - the owner of the winning ticket, Wendy Wiegand, graciously donated it back to the cause! The night continued & the tournament came to an end, it was now time to announce the winners - 1st place would win $100, 2nd place $50 & the lucky name drawn from the "euchred quarter kitty" would get $43. Ric Elmo won the quarters, Steve Hamill won 1st place, and Ray Reick won 2nd place - - - ALL three donated their winnings back to the cause!!!!

My heart is filled with so much gratitude I can't possibly put it into words! To say thank you does not seem enough.

A total of
$1,200 was raised last night, - all of which will help put an end to breast cancer! It will be done, I'm convinced!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 comment: