60 Miles, 3 Days, 1 Goal

I am walking in my 2nd Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in August 2011. The day after I completed my 1st 3-Day I logged into the Susan G. Komen website and registered for next year's event.

Was the walk easy? No. So why sign up again? Because I can! I can raise the awareness, I can raise the funds, I can walk the walk! And this year I am fortunate enough to have my sister join me on this awesome journey. There are thousands of 3-Day walkers who can't walk with their sisters, I embrace this year's journey with every ounce of gratitude!!

Please follow along as Jennifer and I fundraise, train, raise awareness, possibly argue, and find out more about each other than we ever imagined!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Only 150 days left until the Michigan 3-Day event!

The past six days have been busy to say the least! But making money for the 3-Day is a good kind of busy! Last Friday, I was able to go to a 3-Day fundraising Arbonne party for my girlfriend, Debbie, who signed up in February for her 1st walk here in Michigan! She will be walking with her two sisters, Maggie (who has walked twice before) and Denise who is also a first time walker! I’m so excited for all three of them; they are going to do awesome!! And I am really looking forward to hopefully doing some training walks with them in the near future (c’mon Spring!!!!)

On Saturday, Jen & I went out with the kids to collect the bottles and cans for our mini bottle drive. To say we were pleased would be a huge understatement. Once again we were blown away with the generosity of others. Check out Jen’s blog post about our adventure http://we-are-walking.blogspot.com/2011/03/finding-positive-in-dreaded-time-change.html

So far we’ve returned $ 152 worth of bottles & cans from that drive and there are still a lot more to be returned! Also, I got a call from Jen that the party store around the corner, Grapevine, will take back ALL of the Bud Light Lime glass bottles that my neighbor graciously gave us – all 40 something 12-packs!!!!!

Our 2nd Annual NCAA Brackets 4 Boobs fantasy team is underway with 50+ players nearing their deadline to make bracket selections. The madness begins this Thursday, March 17th – so hurry up and get your picks in! If you would like an invite to join the team before the 1st game of the 2nd round (noon tomorrow) please send me a message, smithstef.5@gmail.com bracket are only a $10 donation with 50% going to the winner and 50% to the 3-Day fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment