60 Miles, 3 Days, 1 Goal

I am walking in my 2nd Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in August 2011. The day after I completed my 1st 3-Day I logged into the Susan G. Komen website and registered for next year's event.

Was the walk easy? No. So why sign up again? Because I can! I can raise the awareness, I can raise the funds, I can walk the walk! And this year I am fortunate enough to have my sister join me on this awesome journey. There are thousands of 3-Day walkers who can't walk with their sisters, I embrace this year's journey with every ounce of gratitude!!

Please follow along as Jennifer and I fundraise, train, raise awareness, possibly argue, and find out more about each other than we ever imagined!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Let the Season Begin!



Happy New Year! Now with the hustle and bustle of the holidays behind me, it’s time to get down to business. Let the 3-Day season officially begin in the Smith household!!
I’ve headed back to the gym for my pre-training after a couple of month hiatus, and it feels good to be back in the groove. Before I know it it’ll be time to start “Mall Walking” and my feet can’t wait. Training season is exciting, there are new goals each week to meet, as well as new challenges. One of the best things about training season is going SHOE SHOPPING!!!!

Jennifer and I have been working on our fundraising ideas over the past few months and are starting to solidify some events and dates. Of course we are always collecting bottles/cans so just shout if you have a pick-up!

Currently, we are selling Pistons tickets for next Wednesday’s game against the Memphis Grizzlies (Jan. 12th @ 7pm). The tickets are only $5 each and 100% of the sales go directly to our 3-Day accounts! So if you are interested, send me an email at smithstef.5@gmail.com It’s a great, cheap way to go see a game with friends, the kids or your neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment