60 Miles, 3 Days, 1 Goal

I am walking in my 2nd Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in August 2011. The day after I completed my 1st 3-Day I logged into the Susan G. Komen website and registered for next year's event.

Was the walk easy? No. So why sign up again? Because I can! I can raise the awareness, I can raise the funds, I can walk the walk! And this year I am fortunate enough to have my sister join me on this awesome journey. There are thousands of 3-Day walkers who can't walk with their sisters, I embrace this year's journey with every ounce of gratitude!!

Please follow along as Jennifer and I fundraise, train, raise awareness, possibly argue, and find out more about each other than we ever imagined!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Zumba!

Okay so I attended my second Zumba class this week and I am definitely hooked! If you haven’t heard of Zumba, it is a Latin-inspired dance-fitness program with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body with easy to follow dance steps. Zumba utilizes the principles of interval and resistance training to maximize caloric output, fat burning and total body toning. I wanted to find something that would mix up my normal gym work-out routine; with their “Ditch the work-out and join the party” tagline this fits the bill! I’m fortunate that it’s offered at Anita’s School of Dance, which is about a mile from home. The price is right - $5 drop-in and the time is perfect - 7:30pm – 8:30pm.

This weekend’s training miles are 6 and 4, but with Mother Nature’s cruel way of showing what a real Michigan Spring is like, we probably will be walking in the malls. We’re thinking we should try Somerset tomorrow – I LOVE to window shop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment